Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Let's wrap up Christmas 2011.

Can you believe that Christmas has come and gone again? All the planning, dreaming, arranging.....and finally the eating, drinking and celebrating..... and now we can look back at the festive images and tick off another year in our diaries.

There is something so special about a wreath or garland decorating a front door. I can hardly believe that this wreath has not been stolen yet? One's entrance should always be welcoming and invite your guests into your home, at Christmas time and always. I will make it my mission to post pictures of  front door decorations for the various festivities and celebrations in 2012.

My garden remains my favourite place for contemplation and inspiration....... just spending time close to nature, working with the soil, tending one's herbs has to be addictive. I challenge anyone to discover this wonderful hobby..... you will never look back and you will wonder how you ever managed without your dose of garden delight every day! Make it your challenge for 2012.
A beading order kept my fingers busy with the build up to Christmas..... I was more involved with Christmas beading than Christmas baking this year! What a challenge..... in the end I completed 65 of these delightful beaded serviette rings for Judy's order for Devonvale.

The completed serviette ring eventually only took 15 minutes to complete.... after many attempts!

A delight in my garden.... the first variegated Turkish Delight flowers on my latest Bougainvillea..... the perfect Christmas treat for the garden...and me!

My garden is also producing other flowers which will eventually become Butternut Squash. I already have some baby squash forming....another delight in my garden.

I just love the tight, newly formed baby Iceberg rose buds. Pink and delicate on the outside, will open to reveal a perfect, white Iceberg rose.

My garden travels with me...... a few buckets later and I decorated the Christmas table at our family get together on the 25th.

Scattered between the piles of Christmas crackers, the aroma of the Rosemary, Mint and Cypress brought the Christmas spirit to the table. I even used some Cape Gooseberries in their capes as natural decorations .

Kim and Johan have the perfect patio setting for large family gatherings..... the blinds dropped down kept the breeze at bay. Johan has green fingers and has transformed the garden into a lush paradise.

Another view of the perfect patio setting, complete with a pizza oven..... and the lush, tropical garden around the pool.

A taste of Africa with some Aloe hanging from the chandelier..... just for a bit of fun!

I trust you all enjoyed a 'joylicious' Christmas feast and that you are ready to tackle the challenges of  2012? Cheers to the last few days of  2011.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment