Sunday, May 19, 2013

When life gives you Lemons, continued........

And so the juicy, citrus rush continues..........
It is World Baking Day today..... nothing could smell more like home and bring back comforting  memories than Apple cake served with chantilly cream. This version is my quick and easy recipe which I have been baking for years. It also features lemon zest added to the batter to infuse a delcate lemon tang.
  Since we are celebrating  World Baking Day today, I have included this image of my favourite Apple and Cinnamon muffin flavoured with lemon zest.... I also scatter the lemon zest in the sugar topping for an extra crunch... mmm...
Back to the workbench where dreams are created........

Herewith a quote worth sharing, any crafter will agree!

I am a beadaholic......
If you are a decent person, you will (not) sell me one more bead!!
I have always wanted to create a piece of jewellery on the spur of the moment especially to match an outfit. Well, I found the inspiration I required when I scrolled  through the Vogue newsletter .
Have a look at http://www.vogue.co.uk/spy/celebrity-photos


A beautiful gown created by Elie Saab was worn by Fan Bingbing at the Cannes Film Festival....... the gown is a festival of delicate lemon yellow with an embroidered lace bodice and long flowing skirt. Look at the Summer 2013 collection  www.eliesaab.com
 

And so, back to the kitchen for a little more juicy, citrus inspired recipes.

Firstly, if someone offers you a bag of freshly picked lemons, grab it as you will discover endless ways to be creative in the kitchen. My first thought is always creamy, delicate and zesty Lemon Curd.

Herewith a quick, tried and tested recipe:

100g Butter
4 large eggs
Juice from 5 lemons
Zest of 1 lemon
100g Castor sugar
2 x 250 ml Glass Jars, sterilised

Melt the butter, gently in a saucepan. Pull off the heat, cool.
When cooled, add the eggs, sugar, juice and lemon zest.
Whisk the mixture over a gentle heat until it becomes thicker and more viscous.
Allow to cool before filling the glass jars.
Refrigerate and enjoy!

For an unbelievable treat, enjoy on top of a layer of cream cheese on a slice of wholewheat toast!


I have discovered many recipes worthy of sharing, so I can see I will be featuring this citrus issue for a while..... until next time!





No comments:

Post a Comment