Saturday, August 28, 2010

On a cold, wet and miserable day in Cape Town, I find inspiration in.......

....well, in my garden of course!!! Yes, I am crazy enough to go out on this grey day and take photographs!
Firstly, my favourite, as already mentioned, the nasturtium leaves with sparkling rain drops. Have a close look at all the magical little droplets of water clinging onto the stems of the flowers....absolutely spectacular. 

My next green inspiration comes from my other favourite herb, mint. I have an interesting collection of mint, and am always looking for more! Once again, I am attracted to the rain drops on the leaves....beautiful !!!



My final 'green stop' is at another beautiful leaf ...all shiny and begging to be noticed....the simple ivy. I just love the different shades of green, the contrasting  textures ...from the shiny leaf to the smooth stone to the coarse earth. Now go and find some earthy inspiration in your garden.......you will be amazed at what you will find if you look hard enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment