Sunday, April 24, 2011

And so it is Easter....HAPPY EASTER !!!

Our weather in Cape Town today says it all........ typical Easter long week end weather and time to pull out the winter snuggy jerseys and scarves......and of course time for steaming, hot bowls of soup. But for today we will stay with Easter as it is Easter Sunday.

At least the foil wrappers are bright and colourful today, even if the skies are grey!

And so for the wet view from my kitchen window right now!
What did your Easter breakfast and tea table look like today?

My collection of Easter inspiration.....but sadly, today I have no family to spoil, so I will create my Easter on this blog!

Egg cups.... old and new........

There is a legacy attached to this old chap....he used to be my Dad's egg cup, it also survived us three girls, and now I have it in a safe place.

Hot and spicy, Easter Apple n Raisin muffins....perfect with a cup of tea right now!


I also baked mini muffins to fit next to a cup of coffee. Be eclectic and use an interesting collection of crockery. It is always fun to mix old world with new and modern.

..... or perhaps you were good and enjoyed a healthy breakfast..... so you can eat those Easter eggs without feeling guilty!! I also prepared a fresh batch of Granola yesterday and added extra mixed spices to create an Easter Granola. Remember that treasures of old and new make our lives a little more interesting....so, go ahead and create a setting with a bit of vintage crockery, and a bit of new and modern.   












 

No comments:

Post a Comment