Thursday, April 14, 2011

Some more 'Green' inspiration for a wedding celebration.

Yesterday I concentrated on many organic, floral ideas for a green wedding. Maybe you will not believe me, but I have more to add to the category of floral ideas for your wedding celebration.....

Who can forget the cake....of course.....and we have not as yet touched the bridal posy / tussie mussie!

My bucket full of inspiration....you will need many of these buckets to complete the task of decorating and arranging for your green, organic wedding reception!
The humble Ladybird is well recognised as a symbol for going green and organic. The reason for this is because the Ladybird is the natural enemy of the mealybug, one of the most threatening pests in the vineyards and in your vegetable patch at home. I stick little decorative ladybird's on the cellophane when I create floral posies....and here I have a beaded wire creation in my bucket.


And now back to one of the most important features of any wedding celebration.....the cake!



This cake is a carrot cake, as requested by the bridal couple..... a great choice as it has loads of moist fruit, carrots and pineapple in it. An easy recipe to go totally organic on...... the icing was cream cheese based.




Decorated with only herbs and flowers, some grated orange rind, a sprinkle of pecan nuts and porcupine quils.... as there were quils on the wedding invitation.  The challenge of decorating with everything fresh is to decorate the cake at the last minute....or hour!      

 
       






No comments:

Post a Comment