Saturday, September 17, 2011

Flowers in my garden at the moment.

I do not think that I would have made it through Winter without the bright and cheerful blooms from my Nasturtinum creepers....and yes, they have crept everywhere.... but I just love their juicy leaves and bright blooms. Even the bees have been having a busy time!
I know many of us, here in Cape Town have been moaning about the weather recently...... but if we look at the splendid weather we are having today, we should not be moaning at all.

With this thought in mind, I decided to take a walk ....or actually a roll..... around my garden and capture the beauty that abounds. I was amazed at this collection of beautiful flowers and vegetation. Above, we have the delicate white Marshmallow flower...just great for Organic cake decorating.

I am so excited that the Wild Orchids are blooming again...... thanks to my Aunt for my new stock.

I am also lucky to have one Iceberg Rose Bush that is still producing wonderful roses...... how can one not love nature with beauty like this in one's garden? 
My all time favourite, the Perennial Basil with its wonderful, rich clove fragrance attracts the bees and produces rich green leaves. An absolute must in any tussie mussie..... or bunch of herbs!

.
One tree I cannot ignore in my garden at the moment is the Bottlebrush...... it is blooming cazy at the moment and is literally dripping with rich, red flowers. The bees of course also love these flowers.

My Fennel also continues to provide a splash of bright yellow amongst all the greenery..... what a delight to the eye!
I am also lucky to still have my Cymbidium blooming...... an absolute delight!

Let us not forget the value of the Lobster flower....it is water-wise and will grow like a deamon where other ground covers will not grow!
Never forget the Lavender.... especially not the white lavender.... a treat for any lover of lavender!
My favourite Aloe....another delight in Cape Town in the Winter season.
Although not a true Lavender... this Spike Lavender grows well in the Western Cape. It produces wonderful, long stems which make great cut flowers. 
So, take yourself outside for a trip around your very own magical garden..... you may just also be surprised at what you find! Have a happy Spring week-end outside in your own paradise!

Greetings from my Wild Winter Garden.....the view from my bedroom window!

No comments:

Post a Comment