Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Kaffee und Kuchen mit Anneli und Tante Eyke.

Our family favourite, Marble Cake.... or as it is known in Europe, Marmor Guglhupf.
A Guglhupf Cake can be prepared with either yeast or Baking Powder. In this case I used baking powder as the raising agent.

Just to be a little creative, I decided to place a small bunch of herbs in a  glass in the centre of the cake.

The inside pattern of the marbled effect of the two batters is always a surprise....and it changes with every slice of cake that you cut!

I received a  beautiful bunch of St Joseph's Lilies for my Birthday. I have had great delight from them....watching the tight buds open, and then enjoying the delightful fragrance for many days.



There is something oh so special about receiving a special bunch of flowers.... especially ones that will last more than a week. Thanks to my special friend, Grainne for spoiling me with these beautiful blooms!

To learn more about growing your own lilies, pop over to the Starke Ayres Garden Centre for more information about propogating these rewarding bulbs belonging to the Lilium family. Happy gardening!




...... and how unusual is this bloom?

Back in the garden...... my favourite Nasturtinum leaves with their large surface area capture the rain drops and dew drops in perfect style.

Oh yes, and while I was out in the garden my 4 legged garden angel decided to help me. Purdy is the Queen of HER garden!

..... and of course the best  place for a sandy snout is the leather couch!!


As I sign off from this blog, I send you sweet  wishes fragranced with the perfume from the stately St Joseph Lily.

No comments:

Post a Comment