Saturday, August 11, 2012

From Amber to Orange.

And so today I move around the colour wheel from honey coloured Amber to rich, orange to red-brown coloured Carnelian.
Carnelian has been used in jewellery for thousands of years, particularly for signet rings, cameos and seals. Engraved with Arabic characters, it protected the wearer from the tricks of the envious. 

This necklace shows the colour  variations of Carnelian. The main cylindrical bead is an apricot colour to the smaller beads being a deeper orange to burnt brown colour.
No wonder Carnelian is another one of my favourite gems......it is said to stimulate analytical capabilities and precision, as well as awaken one's inherent talent and skills. Wear Carnelian to fend off your temper tantrums.......it also protects against fear and rage!

This Carnelian and Amber necklace was one of my first designer creations. Quite fitting that it encorporates both Amber and Carnelian, the first two gem stones I have featured!

As my personal mantra is cooking, crafting and creating, I am looking outside the window and staring at a bright, beautiful display of Nastutinum flowers.....so, immediately I am pairing Carnelian with a beautiful, bright orange nasturtinum flower....naturally!

It takes only one small bright flower to brighten up a miserable winter's day.

My endless fascination with water droplets on nasturtinum leaves still exists!

While on the topic of water droplets, I could not help but slip this image in......this time on thick, fleshy Aloe leaves.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment