Sunday, August 5, 2012

New Inspiration.

I recently viewed an insert on one of  Deutsche Welle's television channels and it has set my creative juices a flutter. The blog, Taste of  Runway is my inspiration.....have a look at it www.tasteofrunway.com 
The creative combination of Fashion and Food is a wonderful way of finding the perfect recipe to match the design, shape, colour and texture of a selected fashion piece. I just LOVE it!

I have decided to give this creative idea my own twist.....since I am in Beading creative mode at the moment, I will match beads, gems and jewellery pieces with basic, organic ingredients, flowers, herbs and plants. I imagine this new inspiration should keep my mind spinning for a while?
I can see new pieces of jewellery emerging, and designer recipe creations popping up in the kitchen. What fun!

This necklace created using Amber, turquoise and African Trade beads.
  Amber, or Bernstein, as it is known in German is an Organic gem. It is fossilised resin from prehistoric pine trees. Amber is hard and golden to yellow-brown in colour . Amber is considered to be healing, soothing and harmonising . It is said to exert a positive influence on the endocrine system, heart and spleen. With all these healing properties, Amber is known as the Mindful One.

How beautiful are these slices of Amber? See how the colour variations go from clear,  golden Amber to milky white, almost yellow Amber. (The large, clear stones are Citrine.)

Amber, a delight to the eye ...... it remembers past centuries but helps with simple absent-mindedness! It is truly the Mindful One.

Looking at the golden colour of Amber, it is almost predictable that I am going to pair Amber with delicious, sweet and golden Honey.

Just look at that golden colour and see the Amber......... so beautiful and natural.
Honey, Food of the Gods.....produced by bees has been prized by man for centuries. Used as a sweetner and food, honey has traditionally been served as a tonic or pick-me-up. I am sure many of you have fond memories of drinking a mug of warm milk and honey at bedtime? Be it as a nightcap or to sort out a sore throat.....Honey always comes to the rescue.

Doctors have also recognised the antibacterial properties of honey. Honey is used in the treatment of burns as well as bedsores. As a beauty treatment, use honey to soften and condition the skin.

And to conclude, just the use of the honey colour gives a warm and glowing, sweet feeling. Go and enjoy some Honey now..... Honey!


No comments:

Post a Comment