Sunday, October 16, 2011

Breakfast @ The Bascule Whisky, Wine & Cocktail Bar.

The setting is worth millions of dollars...... this picture is worth more than a thousand words..... it is the view over looking the Marina from The Bascule bar at the Cape Grace Hotel, situated in the V&A Waterfront Marina.

I know it is a Saturday morning @ The Bascule IF this is what is placed in front of me......... The crunchies are 'to die for Doll'............My Sweet Olivia and other regular Canine patrons all enjoy them.
Even if it was a bit chilly, I was warm with my Latte....served in style, my blue Bascule blanket wrapped around my shoulders and my Sweet Olivia sharing my crunchies...... I just have to get THAT recipe!!

Mom, I know there is another crunchie on that plate....... I am waiting patiently for you to share it with me......I am trying not to look though........................

Oh yes, this is breakfast Cape Grace style......... the ultimate Poached eggs on Rosti with truffle - scented creamed mushrooms................ an absolute delight to the eye and taste buds.

The all time favourite, as good as always with layers of smoked salmon, the Eggs Benedict is a classic breakfast menu choice.

A great Vegetarian option is the Grilled Vegetable Frittata with cheese........... mmmmmmmmmm


Today is World Food Day...... another special day for us all to remember. The emphasis this year is on being good to the earth......... protecting and looking after mother earth, the soil, the environment the atmosphere and everything that makes for producing nutritious produce.
 





Back into the garden is going to be the only way to ensure that there will always be enough local, fresh, organic produce available for everyone. I believe that the wheel will soon turn and we will all be harvesting our own fresh fruit, vegetables, salad and herbs from our own gardens....maybe even the odd chicken will also be found running around our back yards again?


To achieve this end result we have to start step by step.....just as an example , I recently planted some parsley seedlings, and look at the result. Beautiful, fresh, crisp, crunchy parsley. I am adding parsley to everything at the moment...simply nutritious and delicious!

Fresh from the garden....delicious Cape Gooseberries....just waiting for an excuse to be included in a healthy breakfast. 
Make a commitment to yourself, the earth and your family today............. promise to plan that vegetable patch, extend an existing one or simply find a few window boxes if you do not have a garden and plant some seedlings. I have decided that if I plant anything it should be edible ....... surely if we have to water, feed, cultivate and pay for these plants we should be able to eat them!

No comments:

Post a Comment